Main information page: www.lambeth.gov.uk/elections-and-council/about-lambeth/coronavirus-covid-19-information
Has extensive information on:
- Covid-19 in Lambeth
- Support for food, medicine, benefits and financial support
- How you can help
- Support for businesses
- Support for voluntary and community organisations.
This website is being updated as the Council responds to the changing environment. See also messages from the Leader of the Council:
Lambeth Council support is available to you or vulnerable people you know: see section on our Community tab.
You can sign up for regular updates from the Council here.
Local ward councillor surgeries are suspended. See here for further information.
Volunteering: If you would like to register to volunteer and support your local community, read the advice on our Community tab.
Waste and Recycling Services
Vale Street recycling centre re-opened on Thursday 14 May 2020. This is not a return to normal operations. They have introduced new measures to keep residents and staff safe and to reduce queues. Vale Street now accepts bookings from residents travelling on foot or by bike. Some details below, others including opening times here.
- Anyone in self-isolation or with COVID-19 symptoms must not visit under any circumstances
- You must book a time slot if you wish to visit the site, this includes all visitors arriving by bike or on foot.
- You must bring proof of address documentation and present it to our staff on site.
- The number of visitors on-site will be restricted, please be patient if there are short queues.
- Cars should be driver-only where possible. If you need help to unload, please bring a household member with you who can assist. Groups of more than two or with children or pets will not be allowed to enter.
- Social distancing at 2m will be strictly enforced
- Operatives cannot assist the public with unloading due to social distancing
- Only one person will be allowed on a gantry at a time.
- We advise residents to wear gloves and masks when attending site, as well as appropriate clothing e.g. closed shoes and long trousers
- There will be no sales of pro-grow compost or compost bins
- Batteries, books, CDs and DVDs are now being accepted for recycling
- Alternatively you can use our online form to book a bulky waste collection from your home.
Every time you visit the site, you will need to show proof of an address in Lambeth such as a:
- Current council tax bill
- Drivers licence
- Household bill (for example water, gas or telephone)
- Parking permit
- Recent bank statement
- Rent or mortgage statement
- Tenancy agreement.
The Smugglers Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre in Wandsworth is also open to Lambeth residents
Details can be found here
Garden Waste advice from Veolia
1. Take to Vale Street
2. Buy a compost bin and compost from home - www.lambeth.gov.uk/
3. Subscribe to the council's garden waste service.
Please visit the main rubbish and recycling page for more information on your services.