Main information page: www.lambeth.gov.uk/elections-and-council/about-lambeth/coronavirus-covid-19-information
Has extensive information on:
- Changes to Council services
- Information on employment and benefits
- Information for businesses
- What to do if you feel unwell, or live with someone who is unwell
- How you can help
- Other useful sources of information
This website is being updated as the Council responds to the changing environment. See also messages from the Leader of the Council:
Lambeth Council support is available to you or vulnerable people you know: see section on our community tab.
You can sign up for regular updates from the Council here.
Local ward councillor surgeries are suspended. See here for further information.
Volunteering: If you would like to register to volunteer and support your local community, read the advice on our community tab.
Waste and recycling services
Currently collection services continue with no significant disruption. Use your recycling and waste collection services as normal, with the following important exception:
** Households that are self isolating should follow the UK Government's 'Stay at home' advice which states:
- Store personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths securely within disposable rubbish bags.
- Place these bags into another bag, tie securely and keep separate from other waste.
- These bags should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external general waste bin.
Continue to dispose other household waste as normal. Its more important than ever to ensure that recycling is clean and dry, and that rubbish bags are all securely tied to help prevent spills and protect our collection teams and the public. **
Smugglers Way Household Recycling Centre will reopen to the public on Monday 11 May 2020 and Vale Street Reuse and Recycle Centre on Thursday 14 May 2020 - for essential journeys only. In both cases a limited service is being provided, with controlled access on the basis of car registration numbers for Smugglers Way and an appointments system for Vale Street. Read more here:
On 8 June 2020 the Vale Street site was reopened to pedestrians, and the arrangements can be read here. A reminder from the Council: dumping rubbish of any kind is still a crime despite the current circumstances; please continue to deal with your waste responsibly.
Garden Waste advice:
Please visit the main rubbish and recycling page for more information on your services.