The Arch Company are donating vacant railways arches spaces to VCSE groups. Organisations looking to apply will need to meet the qualifying criteria:
- You are a registered UK Charity, Community Interest Company (CIC) or not-for-profit community group
- You are looking for a letting on a temporary basis (up to a maximum of 12 months). Please note that you will need to vacate at the end of the pre-agreed temporary period
- The vacant space you will be taking on is not under offer or is unlikely to be let in the near future. This will be determined by the Arch Co Lettings team, who will be able to advise on this on a case-by-case basis.
The following terms will apply:
- You will be required to pay a deposit
- You will be liable for all other outgoings (e.g. utilities, service charge, insurance, repair and business rates if applicable)
- The Arch Co will contribute to the upfront costs of any letting transaction up to a maximum of £1000 plus VAT. This should cover the standard costs for the tenancy agreement, but not a more complicated lease
- You will be expected to keep the property in repair, and to return it in the same condition at the end of the tenancy period
- You must comply with planning use for any rental. The majority of our spaces are suitable for light industrial, storage and distribution, with retail use a relatively small proportion of our property portfolio.